ForumWales - The Welsh Forum
Welcome to ForumWales / Croeso i ForumWales
Living in Wales? Interested in Wales? Just want to talk about Wales? ForumWales will help you meet others just like you!

To join in, simply register free of charge and start communicating. Discussion in both English and Welsh is encouraged.

If you have any questions for us, email via ForumLead@ForumWales.com.
Home Forum Resources Store Help About

Translating a 2-minute audio interview, please.

English to Welsh, Welsh to English - if you need it translated, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators, Executive Team

Translating a 2-minute audio interview, please.

Postby bbg on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:34 am

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me with translating this short interview. Actually, the entire interview is quite long, but I just need a couple of minutes out of it. It's here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/cy/episode/b00kmzbb/C2_Geraint_Jarman_27_05_2009/

It's the interview with actor Rhys Ifans, and he starts talking at 13 minutes in. However, I'm interested in when he starts talking about Harry Potter, which, from what I picked up, is at 20 minutes, and goes on for about two minutes, I think. Is there anyone who could translate those couple of minutes during which he talks about HP? Thanks very much!
bbg

Re: Translating a 2-minute audio interview, please.

Postby Mynwy on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:07 am

I haven't time at the moment to do a full word-by-word transcription, but this is basically what he says in the interview:

I can't reveal much about the new HP film, which I don't understand because the book is out anyway, but I had to sign a clause that I wouldn't. However, I play Xenophilus Lovegood, a wizard who is the father of Luna Lovegood, one of HP's friends. That's all I can really say because I haven't read the book! There's been so much money thrown at the project, with there having been 5 other films. They're filming up in Levenshue near Luton in an old Rolls Royce airplane engine factory. It's an enormous place, so you walk about and see things like a zoo full of owls, so if you need an owl for a scene, you pick up the phone and someone comes across with an owl. It's a like a machine. I've never been - in America - with an employer of so many people. I'm not a big fan of HP but it feels like a priviledge to get called up with people like Maggie Smith and Michael Gambon so it's an honour that they thought of me to play a cross-eyed wizard.

Hope that tells you what you needed to know!
Now also available on Facebook!
http://www.myspace.com/dawnswraig
Mynwy
Elite Veteran
Elite Veteran

Re: Translating a 2-minute audio interview, please.

Postby Sionned on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm (obviously) not the original poster, but that is exactly what he or she was looking for, I'm sure. The fact that Rhys Ifans is in the 7th Harry Potter movie has been known for a while know, but confirmation that he is playing Xenophilus Lovegood has been lacking, though it seemed a good possibility. Anyway, that is now confirmation!
Please read the site rules so we're all a happy family.
Sionned

Return to Translations/Cyfieithiadau