ForumWales Site Rules
Version 8: 1st April 2007
(Changes from previous version are shown in green)
Some rules to help keep ForumWales a happy and friendly place to visit! Please feel free to suggest additional rules or to comment on those already in place.
> Disregard for the FW Rules may result in any or all of the following
- Formal warning.
- Suspension or removal of Private Message privileges.
- Suspension of your account.
- Deletion of your account.
> A Member who has received a warning is identifiable - a 'Warning' graphic is added, for the duration of the warning, to every post made by that member.
Things to do:
> Be friendly and respect others and their views.
> Always posts messages in the relevant areas: e.g. post only topics about the Welsh Language in the 'Welsh Language' area.
> When creating a new topic, use a descriptive title.
Things not to do:
> Do not post pornography or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. - it is not acceptable and will lead to a warning.
> Do not hijack topics - start a new topic if you what to change the discussion.
> Do not advertise commercial sites or businesses within topics. No SPAM! (Personal website or personal blogs are permitted)
> Do not advertise sites or businesses within Private Messages. No SPAM!
> Do not advertise commercial sites or businesses within your signature. No SPAM! (Personal website or personal blogs are permitted)
> Do not post messages of solicitation. No SPAM!
> Do not post to canvass for political or other support. No SPAM!
> Do not type messages or titles IN CAPITAL LETTERS.
> Do not use flashing/animated images in your signature or as your Avatar.
Use of Welsh & English
1) For topics started in English, any Welsh post must be accompanied with an English translation.
2) For topics started in Welsh, translation to English is not a requirement.
3) For topics started bilingually, Welsh replies must be accompanied with an English translation.
4) Welsh language topics are not limited to the 'Welsh Only' section - but outside the 'Welsh Only' section, consider posting a translation of your post to help those people who wish to learn Welsh.
1) Any membership registration which is not activated within one week of registration will be deleted.
2) Registrations with invalid email addresses will be deleted when identified - the lack of a valid email address in a registration means that the membership could never be activated by the registrant.